Kung Pao Chicken was created two hundred years ago in Shandong, a province located on the east coast of China between Shanghai and Beijing. Ding Baozhen, the local governor also titled as “Kung Pao” later on improved the recipe and brought it to the Emperor of Qing Dynasty and the dish has been kept as an imperial kitchen’s recipe since then. Many years later, this famous recipe has been brought to North America and became one of the most famous Chinese dishes in the U.S. Here at JimmyBao, we provide you the authentic way of cooking Kung Pao Chicken, with the all-natural chicken breast, peanut and all the spices and sauces you need to enjoy the sweet, sour and spicy flavor.
A. Chicken Breast | Our chicken is 100% All-Natural with no growth hormone or steroid |
C. 1 Cup of Rice ( How to Cook Rice )
Spice and Sauces (Well organized and combined in containers No.1 – No.7):
- Garlic - Dry Peanut - Soy Sauce - Dark Vinegar
- Scallion - Vegetable Oil - Brown Sugar - Cooking Wine - Rice Vinegar
- Dry Red Chilli - Soy Sauce - Dark Soy Sauce - Starch
Step by Step Recipe
1. Cut the chicken (A) into small cubes (recommended ½ inch) and marinate with sauce in container No.7 for 5 minutes. Put peanut (No. 6) in a pan and skillet for 2 mins without oil. Take the peanut out and set aside for later use.
2. Add oil from No.1 to a pan and heat 1-2 minutes until hot. Add 1/2 of the scallion from No.2 with all the spice in No.3 to the pan. Stir for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
3. Add marinated chicken to the pan and stir for 3-4 minutes on high until all cooked. Shake well the sauce in No.4 and No.5 and add to the pan. Stir for 1 min until juice is thickened and well mixed with the chicken.
4. Add the rest of scallion from No.2 with cooked peanut to the pan. Continue sautéing for another minute. Enjoy!