Ma La Chicken is an authentic Sichuan Style Cuisine originally from Geleshan, Chongqing. Don’t get terrified by the deadly spicy looks, it tastes only about mild spicy but also well balanced by the other spices such as the huajiao (a unique Sichuan peppercorn), dry anise and bay leaf. Ma La is an essential taste of original Sichuanese cooking. Its addictive numbing and spicy flavor will make your tongue tingle and dance. We selected bone-in All-Natural chicken drumstick for this meal to maintain its authentic flavor and provide you the real taste of Sichuan cuisine.
A. Chicken Drumstick (Pre-cut) 1 ½ lb. | Our chicken is 100% All-Natural with no growth hormone or steroid |
B. Celery (Pre-cut) 1/2 Cup
D. 1 Cup of Rice ( How to Cook Rice )
Spice and Sauces (Well organized and combined in containers No.1 – No.7):
- Dry Red Chili - Garlic - Soy Sauce
- Scallion - Vegetable Oil - Cooking Wine
- Ginger - Star Anise - Peppercorn
- Bay Leaf - Sugar - Salt
Step by Step Recipe
1. Marinate Chicken: In a large mixing bowl, add chicken (A), Cup No.2 and No.3, mix well and marinate for 10-20 minutes.
2. Pan Fry the Chicken: Make sure there is no water inside the pan. Pour in Cup No.1 and let the vegetable oil heat for 4 minutes on high. Carefully add the chicken from Step 1, cook until golden brown and set the chicken aside in a separate plate in a colander.
3. Add Spices: In a clean wok, heat the wok on high for 1 minute, and then add Cup No.2 and wait for another 1 minute. Then add in the peppercorn and garlic from No.5. Stir and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Then add scallion, ginger, star anise, and bay leaf (No.6) altogether and cook for 1 minute. Then add the dry red chili and stir for another minute.
4. Add Vegetables: Add the fried chicken from Step 2 and stir for 1 minute. Plate and serve the dish with steamed rice. Enjoy!